Did you know that it’s possible for an Heating, Ventilation & A/C units to cause a fire? I saw this in a news report, and I was shocked to discover this information.
Until that point, I wouldn’t have believed something like this was possible.
Of course, I have heard of space heaters causing fires however not Heating, Ventilation & A/C units. And what was more surprising is that Heating, Ventilation & A/C fires are more usual than I expected. In fact, based on a study that I found, there are close to 3,000 Heating, Ventilation & A/C related fires each year. And some of these fires have led to tragedies and terrible injuries. Hence the reason why it’s so vital to get Heating, Ventilation & A/C units tested. While the Heating, Ventilation & A/C contractor can’t find every single issue, at least he/she can identify and repair problems before they become worse. During a repair call, an Heating, Ventilation & A/C contractor can disinfect the wires and the electrical components inside the heating and cooling unit. Over time, these units can accumulate dust and the wiring can also get corroded. So, the more often you repair the unit, the easier it would be for the tech to find and fix these pending problems. Aside from getting proper service, I can also do my part in making sure that my heating and cooling units don’t become a hazard. One of the most crucial things that I can do for my Heating, Ventilation & A/C equipment is to change the air filters respectfully. The recommendation is to change the filter every 90 days, however pets or other factors can shorten that time. The Heating, Ventilation & AC system is one of the most luxurious equipment in my house and blatantly it can be dangerous as well.